Wednesday, November 12, 2008

convicted...


last night we had the pleasure of having a brother in Christ over for dinner. justin met him one night at church about a year ago and God has just brought these two men closer together. the interesting thing about our friend is that he's in the film industry and has recently finished writing a script for an upcoming movie, based on a true story. the story is one of forgiveness. justin and i have both had the honor of reading the script and it's a hard one at times to get through. through the past year, we've been praying for this film we both feel that it's an important story to tell and we've committed to coming alongside our friend to see this to the end. it was so awesome to sit and listen to his vision for the film and how God has been changing lives just through the whole process. that's actually a story of it's own.... as we were closing the evening, he showed me the inspiration for his film and i wept......

with a heavy heart and a huge pit in my stomach, i prayed myself to sleep last night. i prayed for each of my children and for their futures and for the fact that God has given us these priceless beings for a short time. i prayed that they would have a heart of forgiveness and i prayed that for myself. i prayed that i would not let bitterness, wrath, resentment well up inside of me, but forgive just as God has forgiven me. i needed the reminder tonight that only God knows the number of our days, and how unforgiveness can lead to a whole host ugliness, not to mention, disobedience. i also, want my children to see in me a heart of compassion and grace, someone who is quick to forgive and forgot. i so often get caught up in the record of wrongs, ugh... it's so yucky to live like that. there is freedom in surrendering.........

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the richest of His grace.
Ephesians 1;7

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

2 comments:

kayellen said...

Wonderful post Kari:)
Love the scriptures and your tender heart!

KayEllen

Rebecca Lily said...

Kari, this was such an encouragement to me. We do forget so often how MUCH we have been forgiven... and how we need to go and do the same. I want my children to see that spirit in me as well.

Blessings!